Chicken Enchilada Soup
This enchilada soup is my kind of recipe. Basically you just throw a few simple ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook for a few hours.
6 – 8
3 – 6 hours
Lunch and Dinner
About this Recipe
By: Like Mother, Like Daughter
- 2 large chicken breasts raw and thawed
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 14 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can corn drained
- 1 4-7 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice*
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bundle chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
* Fire roasted tomatoes, or diced tomatoes with green chiles (like rotel) may be used for a little more flavor.
Step by Step Instructions
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 5-6 hours (or until chicken is cooked through)
Use two forks to shred chicken.
Serve hot with toppings, if desired.